This statement discloses the privacy practices of cannmix.com. Questions pertaining to this statement should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
How people think about their data and privacy has fundamentally changed. We’ve seen significant shifts happen in our industry because people have lost trust in how some businesses use their data. We believe this is more than just a reaction to the latest privacy breach. We believe our guests would like full control of their personal information.
Our Privacy Vow to You
Your privacy is important. We strive to provide you with a safe and secure user experience. For example, rather than store your form data on some computer in a basement somewhere, we archive data on Google servers. Google have vowed to keep this information private and provide helpful tools for anonymization of data to remove personally-identifiable details. Your personal data is considered private and is not used for any marketing purposes without your consent.
On occasion, there may be instances wherein information must be obtained in order to differentiate you from our thousands of other unique visitors. This helps us provide information and services that are most relevant to you. We also use certain parts of the data we collect to build non-personal profiles like groups of attendees that we can share with sponsors and vendors. For example we identify a group of “Cannabis Curious” attendees and report to these stakeholders how many Cannabis Curious attended our event as opposed to “industry professionals.”
We collect information through registration and cookies and when we do so, your information is encrypted and passed between Secure Socket Layers on the Internet so that it can be verified and trusted by our web and email servers and those belonging to Google. To further your privacy and data security, we use encrypted socket layers and a double-authentication scheme on all servers where your information may be stored. We will never sell your information.
Registration and Surveys
When completing a survey or registering for certain services such as event passes, memberships, referrals, qualifications, forums and support areas, we may ask that you provide us with some information. This information may include your name, passwords, email address, phone number, and postal address, some or all of which will be used for personalization and identification purposes only.
You agree that if you are required to register with the data privacy authority of an EU Member State, you are so registered. You are solely responsible for determining your legal responsibility to register with data privacy authorities and must comply with all relevant laws and regulations, including without limitation the Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (2002/58/EC), the Data Protection Directive (95/46/EU), any other EU regulations, directives, decisions, or guidelines on data protection or data privacy and any national measures implementing the same including GDPR.
Some of our Web pages use “cookies” so that we can better serve you with more tailored information. Cookies are pieces of information that Websites transfer to your browser to keep on your computer for record-keeping purposes. These cookies allow us to “save” your passwords and settings so that you can avoid re-entering them each time you return for a visit. The information we collect and analyze is used for the sole purpose of improving our service to you.
Use of Information
Any personal information you provide to cannmix.com is maintained and accessible only by cannmix.com unless specifically stated otherwise. HawaiiCannabis.org may use the information it collects in any of the following ways:
- We use aggregate data collected to inform our local offices of the number of people from their areas who are registered users. No personally identifiable information is disclosed in this process; only general information in aggregate form.
- Non-specific, aggregate data is also used for the purposes of collecting general demographic information, measuring user interests, and analyzing the collective characteristics and behaviors of our registered visitors. The collection of this information allows us to appropriately change, update, and service the Website in accordance to common trends.
- From time to time, cannmix.com may use your information to inform you of changes and enhancements to our content and services. For those who have elected to receive information from cannmix.com such as offers or information about the company, we may send you direct mail regarding products we feel may be of interest to you. We DO NOT share your personal information to other organizations including state agencies without your express permission or as required by a court order to do so.
- If you enter a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your provided information to contact you if you should win.
- cannmix.com is in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). The personally identifiable information we collect is in no way intended for those under the age of 13. Where “age” or “date of birth” is requested, it must be indicated that the user is over 13 years of age in order for the information to be stored or transmitted.
- cannmix.com respond to subpoenas, warrants, or other court orders regarding information that is contained within our access logs concerning any member or visitor. We also reserve the right to release that information concerning a user who we believe is in violation of cannmix.com terms and conditions or other published guidelines and official rules, even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order. We cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our servers for illegal activities. We also reserve the right to report any illegal activity to law enforcement.
- cannmix.com uses SSL security on every form that collects personal information.
Our website saves the cookie heateorSsBrowserMsg in your browser to track which visitors have seen the popup notification and which haven’t. This cookie isn’t related to your personal data or your IP address.
Facebook Comments Moderation
We may collect the data related to the Facebook Comment you post, only from your consent that you grant before posting Facebook Comment at our website. This data includes your Facebook account name, unique Facebook account identifier, unique identifier associated to the posted Facebook comment, unique open graph object identifier of the webpage at which you posted the comment, unique identifier associated to the parent comment if you reply to an existing comment. This data is used to show recent Facebook Comments made all over our website. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending us an email.
Facebook Comments Notifier
We may send the Facebook Comment you post, to page/post author and/or website administrator via automated email, only from your consent that you grant before posting Facebook Comment at our website. This data includes just the Facebook comment posted by you.
Social Analytics for Sharing
Facebook Like, Facebook Recommend, Facebook Share official buttons
Twitter Tweet official button
GooglePlus, GooglePlus Share official buttons
Linkedin Share official button
Individuals may opt-out of communications, thereby terminating all existing information he or she may have registered with cannmix.com. This is done by sending an email to: email@example.com and requesting a removal from our database.
Any modifications to this policy will be posted in this space. We welcome any questions or comments you have.
Hawaii Cannabis Organization